Zoom Communications is the partner of choice for our live online sessions at Leaders for Leaders. Below are some tips and links to help ensure that you are ready for your virtual experience.
There are a few options when joining your Zoom session. Please note, for the best experience choose option 1 or 2:
- 1 – Some of you will prefer to use the Zoom Web platform, which means you will simply click the link in the invitation and open the meeting in your web browser (Note: some tools are not as readily available using this option).
- 2 – There is also the option of using the Zoom Desktop platform. If you feel it will be useful (especially if you think you will continue to use Zoom on a regular basis), you can download the Zoom Desktop application here.
- 3 – Finally, you can also use your cell phone when joining the online session. You will be required to download the app on your device first. You can download from the Apple App Store here or at the Google Store here.
TESTING YOUR INTERNET WITH ZOOM:
Please ensure that your current internet set-up will support Zoom. You can click on this link to do a simple test: https://zoom.us/test
USING ZOOM’S AUDIO AND VIDEO CAPABILITIES:
We ask that if possible, participants attend the online session using Zoom’s audio and video capabilities so that we can hear and see you. Here is a quick video on testing your computer’s audio and video with Zoom.
JOINING YOUR LIVE ONLINE SESSIONS:
Zoom makes it easy to join your online sessions. You will be receiving a confirmation email that will include a link. You can save the meeting to your calendar on the link as well.
- Although there are many ways to login into the session, we recommend using a laptop or desktop for an optimal experience.
- We ask that you turn off all other internet features for best connectivity (and least amount of distraction)- such as email, web browsers, social media, etc.
- We are looking forward to seeing you at the session and we want this to be a great experience so don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions you might have!